A Message To All My Lovely Readers πŸ’”

A Message To All My Lovely Readers πŸ’”

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a good summer. 

I wanted to write this post for a while explaining my situation with this blog. First let me say, I love writing for this blog and reading your reactions to the posts. It really brightens my day whenever I check comments or my emails. But, there's been something that's concerning me these days and I feel the need to speak on it. 

I want to be completely honest and say this blog just isn't sustainable anymore for a couple of reasons. Mostly, my posts continually get flagged. They get flagged as 'sexual' which I do not understand since the content is not sexual in nature. But each time it gets flagged, they take away ads from certain posts and that has severely impacted my ability to get paid. This blog has gotten a lot more traffic recently, you guys are amazing with sharing and linking back, but the posts have only continued to get flagged more and more. So despite having much higher traffic, I'm getting even less to no payment. Today the whole front page got flagged and they took all ads off. I haven't done anything wrong or gone against the community guidelines, but there always seems to be a problem. 

I have other projects and work in my life and I'm afraid with this situation, I'll have to post less often. It breaks my heart to say this because I love you guys so much and your support for me and this blog mean the world to me. I wish so much that this wasn't a problem and I could make posts after post without having worrying about it. But it is. If this blog could make the slightest pay off for the number of hours I put into it I'd be over the moon satisfied and would never bring this up. But with the continued demonetization of my site, I'm forced to make the decision that I simply can't update as much as I want any longer. 

I was 17 years old when I started this blog and now at 19, I have a need to begin to provide for myself monetarily. And while I don't want to stop this blog at all even if I don't make anything from it, because I can't abandon you guys I will have to update less. I hope this post doesn't come off as just a long complaint. I really just wanted to explain to you guys why I might have to move my attention away from this blog recently and explain that it's not at all because I don't love writing for it. 

Thanks for hearing me out. And thanks for being here and reading my blog I love you all so much and I hope you have a great month!

Comments

Recommended Posts: